Re: Urgent: Ada, Pro*Ada and Oracle 7.3.2

From: Robert I. Eachus <eachus_at_spectre.mitre.org>
Date: 1997/02/24

   In article <330DF7A3.74F7_at_qewrf.ca> All <sdf_at_qewrf.ca> writes:

> Here's the complete environment:
>
> Compiler: Rational Apex Ada 2.0.8
> Precompiler: Pro*Ada 2.2
> DBMS: Oracle 7.3.2
>
> I am interested in any information available that will help me embed
> SQL in Ada using the tools listed above. I've tried searching the
> DejaNews archive with no success. Hopefully, there are some unpublished
> success stories out there somewhere.

   I have successfully used Pro*Ada with SunAda and Oracle 7.2.2, but I haven't tried 7.3.2 yet. I suspect that the lack of stories is due to the lack of Pro*Ada related problems--all my problems have been with configuration details, and not specific to any interface used. (This is not a criticism of Oracle incidently. Getting anything that accesses a database as a cgi-bin program configured correctly is a pain. You want to limit access to the minimum needed for the application, and on Unix creating a restricted environment is painful. Fortunately it is a pain once per host configuration not once per cgi-bin program.)

--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;