Re: DBA Certification?

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

I sat the test at the ORACLE Developer Conference in Paris in December. It was run by the Chauncey Group in conjunction with ORACLE. No doubt if you visit their website they'll have details on how to enrol for a test - they also provided me with a practice sample test. Personally I don't think the certification is worth much (BTW I did pass), 'cos there are certain areas which I believe you should know to be a 'certified' DBA, eg backup/recovery. However, the test would allow you to fail on this area but still be certified. Can you imagine taking a job as a DBA and when you need to recover the database after media failure telling your bosses "Sorry, but I don't know how to do that" ?

Subject: Re: DBA Certification?
From: teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu (greg teets) Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:49:35 GMT

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:15:01 +0000, Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_bibip1.spam.wgw.bt.co.uk> wrote:

>Joseph Testa wrote:
>>
>Well, I'm in the UK, and certification isn't big here. I got mine two
>weeks ago though.

Can you tell m how to find out the requirements to become certified and how to go about it?

Thanks
Greg
Cincinnati, Ohio Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST