How to create an import application for Oracle?

From: NN <info_at_oculos.se>
Date: 1997/02/23

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out a way to write an application for importing a monthly textfile from a mainframe into an Oracle DB.

The import application is already written for a SQL Server DB using VB and I'm just trying to figure out how to convert it. The current application uses BCP from the SQL Server API.

The problem I'm having converting is the Oracle lingo. I just can't seem to get a grasp of the architecture and all the components whereabouts. So, the question is: How do I do this the right way? Is there a way to do it besides using SQl*Loader from the command prompt? Can I reach SQL*Loader from some API?

Regards,
Niklas// Received on Sun Feb 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST