Re: Oracle Web Server WRBSDK & C ...

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/02/22

There is a good (IMHO anyway) example of linking in oci with a cartridge to be found at http://govt.us.oracle.com. There, under downloadable utilities you will find a complete re-implementation of the Oracle Web Agent (OWA) with lots of additions for blobs, database authentication, an <oracle> tag, and so on.

All the source code is there as well as makefiles for NT, solaris and other platforms.

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:07:32 -0800, "Hayden Worthington, Inc." <hayden_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>I've just installed Oracle WebServer 2.0... while I'm waiting
>for 3.0 to arrive. The sample code for the wrbsdk seems to
>work ok and I can even compile it.
>
>However, to actually do SQL stuff with the database do I need
>incorporate OCI library calls or are there some other lib
>calls I've overlooked?
>
>The sample C/WRBSDK stuff that came with the web server didnt
>have database linkage examples. It just had examples of how to
>deal with standard cgi type issues.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Peter

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Feb 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST