Re: Oracle books

From: RHA <ricka_at_praline.no.neosoft.com>
Date: 1997/02/22

In article <1997Feb14.103407_at_winnie>, <96gao_at_wmich.edu> wrote:

>Is there anyone who used the book Oracle Unleashed published by
>Sams Publishing? Does its CD-ROM have Oracle Developer/2000 and
>Oracle Designer/2000?
>
>I planed to buy either Oracle Unleased or Develop Client/Server
>Applications with Oracle Developer/2000. But both books are
>not available in local bookstores.
>
>Do you have any suggestions?

  I haven't used the Oracle version of the "Unleased" series,   but, in general, I'm not pleased with the content in these   books. I feel there's a problem of word padding (lotsa words,   little said). For content, I was pleased with Oracle's series,   pricey, but valuable. YMMV. BTW, if you do go with O/U, drop   me a line, I'd like to know your opinion, and what products   are on the CD (if any).

--
rha