Re: Problems with shared libraries

From: Bob Moenk <MoenkB_at_Noranda.com>
Date: 1997/02/21

David Winslow wrote:

> Hi,
> We are having problems building with shared libraries under Oracle 7.3.2.3
> on an HP9000.
> The programs build fine but as soon as the program attempts to link to
> Oracle I receive a
> bus error (this even happens with the samples).
> o I have tried rebuilding clntsh.sl and it had no effect.
> o I can link to my own shared libraries and the oracle archive libraries
> fine but the exe is huge.
>
> e.g. command line
> cc -Wl,-Bimmediate -o sample1 sample1.o
> /mnt/data1/opt/oracle/product/7.3.2.3/lib/libclntsh.sl -lcl -lm
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
> dwinslow_at_maroon.tc.umn.eduWe have the same problem.
We are running HP/UX 9.05 and Oracle 7.1.4. We have several applications with hundreds of modules which are statically linked.
i.e. Giga Bytes of disk space wasted.
What is the story on Oracle shared libraries? Do they work on other versions of Oracle or HP/UX ? Do the work on versions of Unix ?

OraWin is distributed as a set of DLLs.
I have never tried to run ProC on Windows or OS/2. Does it use the DLLs or is it statically linked? Received on Fri Feb 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST