ODBC in Windows 95 and NT

From: Tim Madel <tmadel_at_leg.state.va.us>
Date: 1997/02/20

I'm trying vainly to attach to an Oracle database from a Windows 95 client via ODBC. My connect string is t:senate3. When I attempt to use the ODBC connection tester, I receive the error:

SQLSTATE: S1000
Native Error Code: 3121
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

The strange thing is that I am successful attaching to the database using Enterprise manager or SQL*Plus etc.

Am I missing something?

Tim Madel
Senate of Virginia Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST