Re: Problem with DBMS_SQL.PARSE when called from Repots2.5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/02/20

In article <5eg7uc$7hj$1_at_newsin-1.starnet.net>, Adam Tadj <vahidt_at_vahidtpc.vitek.com> wrote:
>I am trying to run the following PL/SQL code from the Reports2.5 :
 <snip>
> DBMS_SQL.PARSE
> (cursor_handle, 'SELECT 2+2 from DUAL' , DBMS_SQL.V7);
 <snip>
>and I am getting the following error message:
>"component V7 must be declare".
>(cursor stops at DBMS_SQL.V7 as marked "^^^") and fails to compile.
> ^^^
>But when I compile/run a very similar code from Procedure Builder or
>SQL> prompt it works just fine. Any remedies or hints?

The same thing happens in Forms, and I believe it is because Forms uses PL/SQL V1 instead of V2. Use the number 1 in place of DBMS_SQL.V7, and it should compile.

You can see that 1 is the same as DBMS_SQL.V7 by looking through the script that creates the DBMS_SQL package.

HTH
Steve Cosner

Try out my dynamic data utility form.
Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Thu Feb 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST