Re: Missing DBWR process on Solaris2.5.1 ?

From: Scott Kelley <skelley_at_online.disney.com>
Date: 1997/02/20

You must also set ASYNC_WRITE to false. Oracle on Solaris uses async I/O by default and hence only needs one DBWR. If you set ASYNC_WRITE to false, then having more than one DBWR is appropriate.   See Chapter 12 in the "Oracle7 for Solar 2.x Installation Guide Release 7.1.6". I don't know where they have put this info in later books, it seems to have disappeared.
  I have never seen a case where the DBWR gets swamped while using async I/O. Are you sure you are not seeing symptoms of some other I/O bottleneck ?

--

	Scott Kelley (skelley_at_online.disney.com)
	Webmaster/Database Admistrator for Disney Online

/*I don't know what I'm talking about and neither does the Disney Co.*/