Missing DBWR process on Solaris2.5.1 ?

From: Wang ZhenXI <chong01_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/02/19

Hi,

	I  have a  test instance on Oracle7.2.2.4 running on Solaris2.5.1.
	Currently it has one DBWR process performing I/O on 3 RAID-1
	disks, whenever there is large amount of the write hiccup syndrome
	can be observed. So I inserted a DB_WRITERS = 3 parameter into
	the init.ora file.When the instance restarts with the new setting, I
	still see one DBWR process. The setting works for Oracle7.0 and HP-UX.
	So what went wrong ?

	Thanks

Wang ZhenXi Received on Wed Feb 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST