Re: ORACLE ON NETWARE - ANY GOOD?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/02/19

"Paul Evans" <paul_at_meta4.demon.co.uk> writes:

>I've heard that Oracle on Netware had or has got massive problems, with
>things like server abends and general reliability. is this true?

If you will be doing administration or development work remotely then you might want to seriously consider a Unix machine. Solaris X86 seems to be the logical choice since you probably already have the hardware.

A competitive Upgrade of Solaris X86 is very cheap these days. Please let me know if you need help or further advice.

Atif Khan                                       aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu
I am an Oracle consultant available for hire. I specialize in web connectivity and PL/SQL programming. If you are looking to make your Oracle data available on the web, please try my services. Received on Wed Feb 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST