Re: how to view all the index

From: keith <Keith_at_ellandel.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/19

In article <5dopts$n3n_at_ustsu10.ust.hk>, Wong Chung Yin <cscywong_at_ug.cs.ust.hk> writes
>Hi,
> if i want to know how many index created on a table, what should I do?

The easiest way I find is to run this script

select uic.table_name, uic.column_name, ui.uniqueness from user_ind_columns uic,
user_indexes ui
where uic.index_name = ui.index_name
and uic.table_name = ui.table_name
order by 1,2,3

You may enhance this by adding more criteria, eg "and uic.table_name = 'DEPT'"

--
Keith