Re: Configuration of BDE (DEPHI 2 c/s) for personal oracle

From: Vidmantas Matelis <vidma_at_netrover.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

> I've installed delphi 2 c/s. I can connect to a remote oracle
> database, but I can't manage to get connected to my local oracle
> database (personal oracle).
>
> In BDE i have created a alias called 'oracle_local'
>
> Server name = name of the local oracle database
Bad. Server name must be : "2:" (without ")

> username = a correct username of the local database
OK.

> net protocol = :2

Bad. Must be empty.

After very important :
 If you don't have file ORANT71.DLL (which is default) set so :  VENDOR INIT :
  If you have Oracle 7.3 , then "ORA73.DLL"   if you have Oracle 7.2 , then "ORA72.DLL"

That's all. Must work.

--
Vidmantas Matelis
http://www.netrover.com/~vidma