Re: The best front end

From: Martin Bell <Martin.Bell_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

jford_at_mail.erols.com (Dan Rippel) wrote:

>Here is a quick break down sure to draw fire but five years of client
>server programming has to be worth something
>
>SQLWindows - flat out dog. BTW the product no longer exists try
>looking up Centura

I personally have a soft spot for SQLWindows. (Which as far as I know is still called SQLWindows it's Gupta that has changed its name to Centura). There is now a 32 bit version (product) called Centura (the company was renamed after the product !!).

Borland have also bought out a new C++ product called C++ builder that allows you to use it like Delphi, but with access to the C++ code. This looks very tempting.

Martin Bell Received on Tue Feb 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST