Re: size of the SGA

From: Ronan Miles <milesr_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/18

Kevin Carter wrote:

> How do you determine the appropriate size of the SGA?
Is show SGA from within Server Manager / SQL*DBA when connected internal what you want?

This shows you the size of the SGA in its component parts for a running database.

Otherwise, you will get a good ideea from db_block_buffers * db_block_size + shared_pool size.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect my employers