Re: Financial Aid

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

In article <330561E6.AE9_at_clemson.edu> John Little <jmlittl_at_clemson.edu> writes:
>Is this program illegal? No. There's nothing illegal, or
>even shady, about this. Do you want proof?

Look up gullible in the dictionary. See your picture?

>1. The inclusion of the message "Add my name to your
> list." makes this a service, just like any TV
> advertisement or 1-900 number. Are those illegal?

Wrong. Regulated by the FCC. Inducements to commit crimes are illegal. 900 numbers may not be used for illegal purposes.

>2. Does the federal government police the internet? No.
> Do they open your mail? No. THAT would be illegal.

Maybe. Maybe. Postal regulations explicitly define this as a chain letter, and it is illegal.

>3. If this were illegal, do you really think I'd be dumb
> enough to give the police my address?

Most certainly.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>