Re: any experiences with Oracle on Windows NT 4.0

From: Ken Geng <ken.geng_at_cbis.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

Casey,

What's the symptom of "memory leaks" at your site? The machine slows down? self-reboot? Lockup? Or anything else?

I am running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on NT4.0 (build 1831). My machine either self-reboots or "blacks out" (i.e., the screen is black and PC no response to keyboard and mouse). Still do not know if it's an NT or an Oracle problem.

Thanks for any input.

Ken.

-> Rod,
->
-> We have been running Oracle 7.3 on NT for over 6 months. We had many
problems with
-> early releases (7.1 & 7.3) of memory leaks, both on the client and
server. The server
-> leaks have been fixed, the client leaks (which are much slower) are
being worked on
-> by Oracle.
->
-> I have seen many postings to this news group praising Oracle NT. I
do not believe
-> these people are using Oracle to the degree we are. We have several
databases of over
-> 20 gig in size. We have tables that are being inserted and deleted
from on the order of
-> 3,000 inserts and deletes an hour, every hour. We are storing blobs
in the DB, average
-> size 2K.
->
-> We have NOT been able to get the performance out of our databases
that I know Oracle is
-> capable of on Unix. And not a day goes by that I don't wish we were
on a Unix OS.
->
-> Sincerely,
->