Re: Connect Oracle 7.1.x from Delphi1.0 without typing password & username

From: Michael Henderson <henderm_at_netins.net>
Date: 1997/02/16

Pieter de Wit wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For a project on my university, i'm writing a program in Delphi 1.0,
> using Oracle 7.1.x as database.
>
> I have a problem, because the students may not know the username &
> password, so I have to login on the Oracle-server automatic.
>
> Does anyone knows how to do this??
>
> Please place the anwer in the news-group & e-mail it to:

> e-mail: 7495012_at_stud.rhij.nl
>
> Pieter de Wit,
> Student Rijkshogeschool IJselland,
> Deventer, The Netherlands
>
> Thanks

Use a TDatabase Component to access the database. You can set the Password and user id there. Just double click on the component and you have a dialog box to set every thing up. Pick your database then select default for the parameter overrides. You can place the user name and password there. Uncheck the login prompt.

Mike Received on Sun Feb 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST