Data Modelling

From: <hfs1+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: 1997/02/14

I just became a certified Oracle DBA in order to design the database for a new research grant. The course was a tremendous experience, however I am still in the dark regarding a few key issues. The main issue is data modelling. Can anyone tell me how much disk space I will need for a database which wil house 27,000,000 variables? The majority will be numeric with about 1/3 string. In addition, I also find myself wondering about RAM. I will be running Workgroup Server (though there won't be any parrallel querying) and some of the Oracle tools. If anyone could provide me with some rough hardware specs, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST