TNS error 12196

From: Tom Syth <tsyth_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/02/14

I have been trying to get crystal reports 5.0 to connect to an Oracle 7.x server from an NT 4.0 server. I can TNSPing the oracle server ok and SQLPlus works fine. Crystal's odbc driver installs and is configurable but when I try to use the datasource in a report I get an error 12196 when connecting to the server. The text of the error is TNS: TNS recieved an error from TNS. I have reinstalled the oracle client software and crystal reports to no avail. This same setup works on win95. Does anyone know what might be causing the error on the NT box? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-tom Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST