Re: Problems during explain plan

From: <mohamedg_at_dingler.dev.infomkt.ibm.com>
Date: 1997/02/14

Are you using different statement_ids ?
Mohammed

Reid Lai (reidlai_at_hk.super.net) wrote:
: Hello world,

: Recently, our project team has discovered a problem when we issue explain
: plan statement at the same time. I know we have a system table
: SYS.PLAN_TABLE and all result generated by EXPLAIN PLAN will be stored in
: this table. It works fine when a single developer to do so at a time.

: However, this will be a choas when we issue EXPLAIN PLAN statement at the
: same time. We could see that we cannot know which rows belongs to which
: user. And also all the result is accumulated when we issue the same
: statement again. For the time being, we can only delete all the rows in
: PLAN_TABLE and restrict only one developer to issue EXPLAIN PLAN at a time.

: Could anybody help to solve this problem?
: --
: Best Regards,

: Reid Lai
: mailto://reidlai@hk.super.net