Re: Naming standards

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/02/14

Tom Hanstra wrote:

> Does anyone have a good set of naming standards which they use
> when naming columns and/or tables within an Oracle database? Are
> there Oracle recommended naming conventions?

  Each table is prefixed by project id.

  Each column is prefixed by table id. Moreover, each column name that describes the same thing in the referential constraint will be the same except the prefix. For example, emp01empno in a table named p01emp01, dep02empno in a table named p01dep02. The empno describes the same thing in both table. As a result, they are the same.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.