Re: Are there any JDBC drivers for Oracle? (either from Oracle or 3rd party)

From: Sharon Hagi <shagi_at_nabu.isg.mot.com>
Date: 1997/02/13

In article <330302FA.4CCC_at_worldnet.att.net>, "Gina M. Oliver" <Gina-Oliver_at_worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Are there any JDBC drivers out there for Oracle (either from Oracle
> Corp. or any other 3rd party vendor)? If so, where can I get some info
> on? otherwise any idea when it is gonna be available?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gina M. Oliver

There are JDBC drivers for Oracle. Check out http://www.javasoft.com/JDBC Oracle has no plans to release their own drivers. For some reason they don't want to bet everything on JDBC. They would much rather you use Oracle WebServer 2.1 or 3.0 Java Web Request Broker Architecture or the much anticipated JSQL - which is like embedded SQL only for Java.

Hope it helps. Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST