Re: How to get OS username in Oracle Form (V4.0 or V4.5) ?

From: Dick Wong <dickwong_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/02/12

(Reply tp Group ??)

Dick Wong <dickwong_at_hk.super.net> wrote in article <01bc18cd$ae908380$0e1440ca_at_pc>...
Dear Sir/Madam

Could any tell me how to get OS username in Oracle Form (Without the user of Windows API) ? Is there any Oracle package procedure or function to do so ?

Also, I know that there is a system view V$SESSION having column OSUSER
(That is the login name of the user in the OS). But this column sometimes
show the actual OS username but sometimes fail to do so and display OraUser only. Do you know the reason ?

I'm a Oracle Developer in HK with E-mail address : dickwong_at_hk.super.net

Thank you very much.

Regard,
DWong.