sqlprompt

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/02/12

Is there a way to get append a newline character to the end of the SQLPROMPT text?

I want to do this so I can launch sqlplus from a shell script as a coprocess and communicate with it via read -p and print -p. But the shell's read command only works with whole lines, so I need the newline at the end or else read will hang waiting for one.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.