Need advice on Oracle training

From: JKrall808 <jkrall808_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

I am planning a career change from academic research in biophysics to computers. A friend of mine (who is a programmer) suggested that the most promising area for me to get into would be Oracle or Sybase programming.

I know very little about this field and would appreciate some advice regarding training and entry-level job prospects. There is series of courses in Oracle at California State University Sacramento (near where I live) that is well-thought of by Oracle programmer recruiters whom I have contacted. However, this school doesn't offer any assistance in job placement.

Specifically, I would like to know whether there are any public or private training programs that anyone would recommend and whether any offer assistance in job placement. And, after certification, how do I get started in the profession?

It would be helpful if replies could be sent to me via email rather than to the newsgroup.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

John Krall Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST