RE: Opinions on connecting to ODBC databases

From: Dennis Coraccio <dennis_at_dharmas.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Hi Chris,

Sorry you have developed a bad taste for Oracle sales people. You may want to try marinating them before you cook them, much tastier.

All kidding aside, my company, Dharma Systems, offers an ODBC SDK with the highest levels of ODBC/SQL conformance, functionality, and performance.

Dharma guarantees that you will be up and running in 1 week to your satisfaction. To find out more about our ODBC SDK, boot up our web site.

Dennis Coraccio
Dharma Systems, Inc.
http://www.dharmas.com/odbcsdk.htm
dennis_at_dharmas.com

you wrote:

We are being pressured by a cleint(big) to purchase an Oracle development system only because that is what they plan on doing and would like to extract data from our system. We were planning on moving to a different database/language, but have developed a bad taste for Oracle sales people (who would hardly give us the time of day before our client got involved).

The question I have is: Has anyone accessed an non-Oracle database using ODBC and an Oracle front-end? Have you had any problems with performance or connectivity?

Any other comments on Oracle or ODBC VERY welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Chris Garland
cgarland_at_nr.infi.net Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST