Re: How to access an Oracle database with Windows ODBC drivers in OS/2 Warp?

From: Lando <Markl_at_plant.pnwss.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Steve Holden <stevehol_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <01bc15fa$bfefc3a0$22c5b8cd_at_default>...
> Hello,
>
> I have been charged with the responsibility of testing a 16-bit Windows
> application in both OS/2 Warp (3.0 and 4.0) operating systems. The
> application uses either Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.03 or an Oracle 7.2/7.3
> database. Oracle for Windows supports TCP/IP and Named Pipes, but as of
> now, even with OS/2's TCP/IP set up correctly, I cannot connect to an
> Oracle data source using TCP/IP. The software ran fine in Windows (which
> uses Microsoft's TCP/IP).
>
> Has anyone here been successful using a Windows 16-bit application to
> connect to an Oracle database while running it under OS/2 (and using
> Intersolv ODBC drivers) via TCP/IP? If so, what special measures need to
 be
> taken to configure either the operating system or the Oracle drivers?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
>

> Steve Holden
> stevehol_at_ix.netcom.com

I have setup Forms 4.x to run under Win/OS2. Although this is'nt what you are specifically trying to do
maybe this can help. Basically, I needed the OS/2 TCP/IP stack installed and the OS/2 TCP/IP version of SQL*Net. I also needed SQL*Vdm which should have come on the Server CD (OS/2 client). I did'nt have to do anything on the Windows side (no sqlnet software at all), except to make sure
to include the sqlvdm.exe in Win autoexec.bat and on the OS/2 side make sure VDMSRV.exe was running.

M.Landa Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST