Can SQL*Loader insert linefeeds?

From: Dirk Schmatz <dirk.schmatz_at_wsl.ch>
Date: 1997/02/10

How do I make SQL*Loader recognize the linefeeds in a text file?

I want to use SQL*Loader to load a text file (Arc/Info moss file containing polygons) into a table column of data type LONG. (We use Oracle 7.3.2.1.0 with SQL*Loader 7.3.2.2.0.)

We loaded the file using the CONTINUEIF statement but then the whole text appears on the same line when selected from the table. However, to be able to rebuild a text file, the linefeeds should be included (e.g.like in the TEXT column of the dictionary view "user_views"). How can we do this?

Thank you for any hints

Dirk

Dr. Dirk Schmatz
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL) Landscape Ecology Department
Birmensdorf, CH-8903 Switzerland
          Tel.:    +41 1 739 2461
          Fax.:    +41 1 737 4080
        e-mail:    schmatz_at_wsl.ch