Performance Optimization

From: Cybird <rohitkamat_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/02/08

I am facing some problems with Oracle in terms of speed. The server is extremely high end (take my word for it - its got in excess of 200 meg RAM) but the performance is lousy.

Is it something that I have to do while installing the software? Oracle did not come with SmartStart, btw.

I ran ANALYZE on all the tables and that enhanced the throughput a bit but I am still not satisfied with the speed.

I would appreciate any inputs as to how I should approach this problem.

Thanks.

Rohit Kamat
rohitkamat_at_usa.net Received on Sat Feb 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST