Re: Web/database help!

From: Mark McNulty <mmcnul_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: 1997/02/07

In article rt8_at_news1.ni.net, JohnS_at_ix.netcom.com (John Schmidt) writes:
> I am looking to develop a web application that ties to an Oracle
> database. The application will be used for Internet commerce. I know
> that there are tools available like Cold Fusion, but the problem is
> that the application will reside on a UNIX web server (which Cold
> Fusion doesn't support) and tie to the database server via ODBC.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or know of another product that will solve
> my problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John Schmidt

JAM Web and Prolifics from Prolifics runs on most flavors of Unix, NT, Windows 95, etc, and has native database drivers for Oracle (Pro*C or OCI), Sybase (dblib, ctlib), Informix, DB/2, etc, plus ODBC for Unix or PC's. It also supports 3-tier, where it can send requests to other machines.

Check out www.prolifics.com

Why are you going to use ODBC for Unix? Couldn't you use Oracle Pro*C or OCI libraries? Again, JAM supports ODBC for Unix, but alot of other tools don't, and you might have alot more options if you say "I need to connect Oracle to the Web, and my Web server is X, running on Y." For that matter, you might be able to use Oracle Web Server.

Good luck,
Mark McNulty
mmcnul_at_quadris.com

Note- these views are my own and not those of JP Morgan or JYACC. Received on Fri Feb 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST