Re: Having Oracle DB restrict invalid frontends

From: Bruce McCartney <bruce_mccartney_at_dbcorp.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/02/07

DBCORP has a product SECURE*DB that will automate the process od seperating application from adhoc access in one of two ways. This first is to create a 'shadow' id based upone the users real id and password. The second is to use role passwords, but use SECURE*DB to validate the user's access to the role and dynamically return the role password to the application. This removes the need for the application to change code if the role password changes. SECURE*DB also manages global user passwords and has a distributed adminstration option. Have a look at http://www.dbcorp.ab.ca/products for more info...