Re: Installing ORACLE WG Server for SCO under Linux

From: Francisco C P de Almeida <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1997/02/06

You must install it "by hand", Tim: write a script that uncompresses and copies all the distribution files to disk (the uncompress utility is in the ORAINST directory); then, delete the ones you don't need. I must warn you that neither you will have PL/SQL (the STANDARD PACKAGE simply does not get compiled; so, you can't create PL/SQL units) running on your server nor SQL*Net will be installed. This makes the server almost unusable, unfortunately.

If your intention is just to do some experimental work with the server, or to get to know its ins and outs, I suggest you get Personal Oracle for Windows/95 or Oracle WG Server for OS/2 (or Windows/NT) instead. You'll get fully operational releases with a lot of missing headaches...

--
Francisco C P de Almeida, consultor
Tel: 55-21-5125064

Tim Tassonis <timtas_at_webshuttle.ch> escreveu no artigo
<32F6B24F.54B9_at_webshuttle.ch>...