Where is a Foreign Key stored?

From: Rory Skelly <5rs2_at_post.queensu.ca>
Date: 1997/02/06

Greetings from an Oracle DBA-in-the-making

My question has to do with adding foreign key constraints.

When creating Primary or Unique Key constraints you can specify the index to use (and where it will be located etc.) but with Foreign Keys you don't have that option.

  1. What object is created when you add a Foreign Key constraint?
  2. In which tablespace is it created?

I've read everything I can find in the manuals - this item doesn't seem to be mentioned.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Rory Skelly
Kingston, Ontario
skellyr_at_kgh.kari.net Received on Thu Feb 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST