Re: Help - Oracle Financials Encryption

From: diversif <diversif_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/02/05

I don't know the encryption algorithim, (I am assuming for user passwords) but I do know that the seed for the algorithm is the password for the APPLSYS id.

When you run adpatch, it asks for the APPLSYS password, then figures out the password for the other schemas (i.e OE, PO, INV...). Maybe there is some way you can get the algorithm from that code if you can somehow decompile it.

James Couzens <mb033278_at_b022.aone.com.au> wrote in article <32F7EA3A.7125_at_b022.aone.com.au>...