IDLE_TIMEout problem

From: Guy LaBelle <labelguy_at_nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: 1997/02/04

Hey out there,

Here's my problem...

We have a Client/Server Application where all our forms are called from a central Main Menu screen. We are looking at adding a profile to all users where an IDLE_TIME > 3 hours would be killed (at the DB level). The following error occurs when the DB session is killed, and the form (Version 4.5) is still open on the client:

FRM-40735: POST_FORM trigger raised unhandled exception NOT_LOGGED_ON

Now this we can fix (by adding the missing trigger), but our security (who has access to which screen) is DB driven...So we need to be connected to the DB.

Is it possible to kill the current screen process and the calling screen(s), on the client, when a timeout occurs??????

Forms: Version 4.5
ORACLE: Version 7.3.2

Thanking all you guys in advance,

Guy LaBelle Received on Tue Feb 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST