Re: Q: Starting Oracle Web Server 1.0.2

From: Ludo Joris <lujo_at_ruca.ua.ac.be>
Date: 1997/02/04

Dennis McCabe <dmccabe_at_rhs.org> wrote:

>I am having problems getting the Oracle web server 1.0.2 to run at system
>startup. I am running this on HP-UX 10.10. What appears to be happening
>is that the Web Server starts up and for some reason shuts down.
>In the script if have placed ps -ef | grep oracle after the wlctl start
>command and it shows the web listener process running. But after the
>system is fully started the web listener process is no longer running. I
>can get the process to run by entering the wlctl start command at the
>command prompt, but not during startup.
>Oracle says that its HP's problem and HP says its Oracle's problem. I
>tend to agree with HP and feel that it is a problem with the Oracle
>software.
>Any suggestions?

Dennis,

I posted the same question last friday in this newsgroup. This line in /sbin/init.d/oraweb starts the web server:

        su - oracle -c "wlctl start 8888"
But as you said the web listener dies.
I changed the line to

        su - oracle -c "nohup wlctl start 8888" as suggested by John Pezzano in his reply to my post. Now the web listener starts up and stays up!

--
Ludo Joris
RUCA - University of Antwerp, Belgium