Re: Simulating network latency in a testbed

From: Jeff Fedor <fedor_at_aero.org>
Date: 1997/02/04

We looked at Adtech's link simulator (T1, T3, and above). I think you can get a geosynch satellite RTT at 20 Mbps. It also can inject errors.

  Adtech
  1814 Algaroba St.
  Honolulu, HI
  808.941.0708

We also wrote a satellite link simulator (RTT delay and uniformly-distributed errors) for an DARPA project. Our simulator/emulator currently runs on top of an ATM network, allowing us to easily set up a private testbed network.

    Jeff Fedor

    The Aerospace Corporation
    Los Angeles, CA