Oracle Issues with Windows 95

From: Jerome Williams <jerome_at_netdepot.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

Hi

I've got a 16-bit application which connects to an Oracle 7.1 database through
a 16-bit Q&E ODBC driver. I'm running my database on a 4.1 Novell Netware Server (SPX protocol). While doing testing on my application, I noticed the problem
of certain workstations (Windows 95 and Novell Client 32) being disconnected from the oracle database at seemingly random times. Upon further review, it would seem that the higher the network traffic, the more workstations (all running Windows 95) I would see disconnecting from the database. I have heard that 16-bit SQL Net is a bit flaky under Windows 95. If this is so, can anyone suggest a configuration to make SQL Net more stable? Or can Oracle 16-bit SQL Net only be used with Windows 3.1 or 3.11?

Jerome Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST