GPFs Encountered with PB5.0 and Oracle 7.1.4.1.0

From: Rob Ruddy <ruddy.rob_at_ic.gc.ca>
Date: 1997/02/03

We have a 16-bit implementation of an PB5.0 application that communicates with an Oracle 7.1 database. We are experiencing, with great consistancy, Pbstb050 errors resulting in a GPF. The error window text identifies the module ORA71WIN.DLL.

As well, this always seems to happen when accessing (query or update) tables with long character columns ie: desc_fld varchar2 (400). We absolutely cannot access such a table without a GPF occuring.

It has been suggested that upgrading to PB 5.0.02 could take care of this problem for us. Is anyone out there familiar with this particular problem and can you attest to this suggestion? Is there another reason for this particular problem and hence another fix to take care of it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST