Re: Help: error message ORA-06554, why?

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

YNLONG wrote:

> I run a PL/SQL like below:
>
> Create Or Replace Function GetExamNo (pExam_date in date,pSick_cal......
>
> but SQL/PLUS return a error message like below:
>
> ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created
> before using PL/SQL.
>
> but I had been run the SQL script DBMSSTDX.SQL,
> Can anyone tell me why have the error message?
>
> Thank's!

You need to run catproc. If it has already been run but failed then that means PL/SQL might not be installed properly. Check that PL/SQL is in the banner when you use sqldba or svrmgrl. If it is not you need to get it installed.

If it is in the banner then do the following:

This has to be done as user that can connect internal.

  % cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
  % sqldba lmode=y

      or
  % svrmgrl
    SVR> connect internal

If the database is not up and running then start it, if it is up and running then do:

    SVR> @catproc

This should run all the scripts that you need to create the needed package. If PL/SQL is not in the banner then for some reason the product could not be relinked at install time. Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST