Re: Oracle 6/7 performance problems

From: Leslie Sandiland <lhen_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

> Hugo B. Baake wrote:
> >
> > Is there anybody out there that could give me some hints on Oracle 6/7
> > (Unix platform) performance problems. What to check first, where to look,
> > etc.

Make sure that your CPU can handle Oracle V7. We ran into a problem with an old IBM RS6000/Model 550. It had an 8bit bus(?). We tuned as much as we could and added more memory, and in the end we had to upgrade to a Model 590.

You definitely want to spend time tuning before you go this route, but it is something to keep on the back burner.

Thanks!
Leslie Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST