Re: SQL*NET problem?

From: Jim Drennan <drennan_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/02/03

Find you sqlnet.ora file, and set the client trace level to ADMIN. This will trace the calls made to SQL*Net as it tries to connect to the application. Check a SQL*Net manual for specifics, and the location of the trace file.

In the trace file you should see what database name, address, host etc your system is using to try to connect. You might also see errors lower down in the error stack that can help pinpoint your problem. Also, run the trace while you use one of the other application you say do connect, to make a comparision.

Jim

Patricia Rodriguez-Tome <tome_at_uranus.ebi.ac.uk> wrote in article <E4oMBz.27E_at_ebi.ac.uk>...