Kerberos Authentication Adapter for Oracle

From: Allan Taunt <ataunt_at_swichtec.co.nz>
Date: 1997/02/02

Dear fellow Oracle and NT people,

I'm currently looking for solutions that will provide a secure, single login in our Enterprise. The logins I'm looking to unify our the Windows NT domain login and the Oracle login.

From what I've read Oracle 7.3 has an option for a kerberos authentication adapter and there are kerberos authentication servers for NT (e.g. Cygnus KerbNet http://www.cygnus.com). Would I be correct is saying these components are the necessary ingredients for a secure, single login for NT and Oracle?

Has anyone implemented NT or/and Oracle security based around kerberos authentication?

Where will I find the kerberos authentication adapter for Oracle (is it part of the
Advanced Networking Option)?

Will the kerberos authentication be compatible with Oracle Applications (version 10.7) for NT?

Thanks in advance,

Allan Taunt
Database Administrator

Swichtec Power Systems
PO Box 11188
Christchurch 8030,
New Zealand.
Phone (++64) 3 3433314
Fax (++64) 3 3488871 Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST