Re: Embedded sql

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/02/02

Bing Liu <bliu_at_shore.net> wrote:
>Is that possible to put VARCHAR variable in condition WHERE ?
>
>I declared host variables as:
>
>VARCHAR key[20];
>VARCHAR ItemName[20];
>
>and:
>
>strcpy(key.arr,"xyz");
>key.len=strlen(key.arr);
>
>Then I want select columns from a table:
>
>EXEC SQL SELECT name INTO :ItemName
>FROM CABLEBOX
>WHERE KEY = :key;
>
>When I run the program, I couldn't get the item name I want.But if I put
>the string 'xyz' behend = , it works. I wonder if I could put variable
>in WHERE clause. What to do if I really want to fetch somthing like this
>?

Hi there,

This should definitely work. May be after setting the .len of key, can you print the value of key and check??

After executing the sql statement, check for SQL_ERROR.

Null terminate ITEMNAME variable and print it.

Hope the above info helps you

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST