help: String input to procedure name conversion

From: Simon Spencer <simon.spencer_at_citicorp.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

I am asking this for someone else, but am interested in the answer myself.

How do i take a string value within a pl/sql proceedure and convert that to a proceedure?

I have a varchar2 with the name of the procedure i want to call and somehow i want to execute that procedure.

ie app_name varchar2

   app_name := "my_procedure"

   app_name;

How can I do this or get the same effect.

If you can copy mmansour_at_hotmail.com as well as me, that is sure appreciated.

Simon.

Simon Spencer
Vice President			    	Work: 203-961-6140
IPD, Operations and Technology		Fax:  203-961-6163
Emerging Technologies Group		Cell:
					Email:sspencer_us_at_hotmail.com
100 First Stamford Place
7th Floor, Stamford CT.