Re: MS ACCESS to ORACLE via WABI on SOLARIS, Help!!!

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1997/01/31

In article <01bc0d7c$c3b5ab20$16ef4486_at_jlynch-h> "Jonathan P. Lynch" <lynch_at_medgen.iupui.edu> writes:
>Arthur,
>
>Why would you want to do this? It seems like a ridiculous waste of
>resources to use a SPARCstation to run Access under software emulation.
>Buy a cheap PC, it'll be much faster and far more reliable than Wabi.

Look at the attribution again: .mil sites have all sorts of weird rules on obtaining equipment. It might not be so ridiculous if we knew all the requirements. It might be even more ridiculous...

>Jonathan
>
>--
>Jonathan P. Lynch
>email: lynch_at_medgen.iupui.edu
>Web: http://medgen.iupui.edu/~lynch
>

>Arthur A. Lehmann III <aalehma_at_inmspac.disa.mil> wrote in article
><5cd0fa$at6_at_mochi.lava.net>...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like any information on how to get MS Access 2.0 to "talk" to an
 Oracle
>> RDBMS V 7.1.6 server via the Oracle SQL/Net V2 for TCP/IP.
>>
>> This just sums up what our office is trying to do, actually were
 attempting to use Sun Microsystems

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>