date field subtraction problem

From: Frank Launer <Frank.Launer_at_draeger.com>
Date: 1997/01/30

Hi,

I've a problem with subtracting two columns.

For the subtraction I want to write a database-trigger.

     create table test(prod_date     DATE,              // YY-MON-YY
                       vert_date     NUMBER(6)          // YYYYWW
                       prod_ver_diff NUMBER(4));

e.g. prod_date = '12-JAN-97'
e.g. vert_date = 198050

I want to have the number of weeks between the two "dates"

( prod_date - vert_date = number of weeks ).

I tried several algorithms without success.

Who can help me?

Database-Version Release 7.0.16.6.0

Frank Launer

Draeger Synematic GmbH Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST