Re: Landscape printing

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/01/30

Gus Spier wrote:

> !lpr file_name.lst ... but I need the printer to output the report in
> LANDSCAPE paper orientation (11 by 8.5). Will SQL*Plus do this? Is ther
> a SET command I can modify to send the correct code to the printer?
<snip>

Gus

You should have an option available from the lpr command to set landscape mode. This is not something you can have sqlplus do easily. Try "lpr -o landscape ... ". If that doesn't work, find the lp interface script for that printer and see what it expects for the landscape option. You could define a new printer and hardcode the landscape sequence in the interface script, so you would have printer destinations of 'lj4m' for portrait and 'lj4mland' for landscape, but using the options is easier. All the script does is look for the 'landscape' option and send an escape sequence to the printer before the file. The escape sequence is documented in the printer manual. You can do this manually as a last resort. Good Luck.

--
---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services