Re: Specifying the maximum number of rows retrieved from a query?

From: Dan Z. Chen <chen_at_informed.net>
Date: 1997/01/30

If you don't care about the order of the rows returned by a query, you can use ROWNUM in your WHERE clause to specify the number of rows retrieved. For your specific need, if you don't have a field in the table indicates the date and/or time a row is put in, you have to try your luck with ROWID. It may work if you haven't done much DELETE or UPDATE on that table. But you cannot rely on that. Try to analyze the ROWIDs in this table first. Good luck.